Doing the right thing is the right thing because it’s the right thing. Having said that, it is gratifying when people tell you that you are doing the right thing and that you doing so has an impact on their lives. My most recent about my commitment to green marketing drew a number of comments, many from folks who don’t normally reply to my emails. I would like to share a few with you, in nor particular order:
1) Kudos to you for going green (or as green as you can).
2) I liked your story on green marketing.
3) It is through email, and more importantly, you eNewsletter, that your name continues to pop and remain in the forefront of consciousness, even if its for a short amount of time (several hours for every day you send your eNewsletter). Im not certain if a postcard would have the same impact, since I only check my mail once per day, but am connected to email pretty much 24/7.
4) Thanks for saving the planet!
5) Good piece.
6) No need to send me a postcard, I know exactly where to find you. Do keep me on your email distribution list. I enjoy reading your newsletters.
7) I applaud your efforts to avoid sending out marketing “junk” that usually winds up in a land fill and requires some resources ( human, energy and raw material) . . . You can skip sending me the paper. E-mail works just fine and I know where to find you.
These are a nice sample. Thank you for reading and for joining me in avoiding waste.